LG&E - KU 5 Year Master Plan Update State of Kentucky
0 project photos
About this project
LG&E and KU Services Company retained Luckett & Farley and consultant “Sigma Planning Group” to assist the Facilities Group in developing a five year master plan. The utility owns or leases 68 properties located within 12 operational areas located throughout Kentucky and northern Virginia. The master plan was developed to assist the Facilities Group in more efficiently and effectively managing its construction and maintenance activities at the facilities. In general, the plan included developing a quantifiable prioritization methodology for directing these activities based upon each facility’s condition. There were multiple facilities located within each individual operational area. Part of the outcome of the plan included factors that would allow the utility to determine whether to invest in repairing/upgrading individual facilities within an operational area or relocating all the facilities into a single master facility (consolidation) within that area.
The plan included the following:
- Validation and updating the utility’s master inventory of each location including address, square footage, use (service center, business office, warehouse, age, pictures of exterior of facilities), physical property, parking and security.
- A bottom up review and assessment of each facility and property’s physical conditions in categories (interior exterior walls, façade, roof, windows doors, electrical systems, floors, lighting, interior finishes, HVAC, plumbing, restrooms, parking, sidewalks, grounds).
- Assessment as to whether the facility was underutilized properly utilized or over utilized in regard to occupancy.
- Assessment regarding energy efficiency improvement opportunities.
- A summary of those facilities or components identified as critical issues requiring immediate remediation (i.e. Safety Hazards, non-compliant code issues, etc.).
- Upon completion of all individual facilities and operational area assessments, Luckett & Farley met with LGE, KU and ODP personnel to develop courses of action and weighted criteria in order to create a prioritized five year master planning document that encompassed investment recommendations for repairs and/or consolidation of facilities within the organization’s operational areas.
LG&E - KU Service Company