Design excellence since 1853
In 1853 Luckett & Farley was founded as an architectural firm by Isaiah Rogers and Henry Whitestone in Louisville, Kentucky. Whitestone was succeeded by D. X. Murphy in 1880 and D. X. Murphy & Brother in 1890. Whitestone and the Murphy firm were committed to their hometown and were responsible for some of Louisville’s historic landmarks including the Louisville City Hall Clock Tower, Churchill Downs, the original Jefferson County Jail, and the L & N Railroad Office Building.
In 1935, D. X. Murphy & Brother was incorporated and then, in 1962, the owners of the firm, Jean D. Farley and T. D. Luckett, II, changed its name to Luckett & Farley, Inc. By this time, the staff included civil and structural engineers working alongside the architects. In 1970, mechanical and electrical engineering services were integrated with the design and engineering services provided by Luckett & Farley, as well as construction management. In 1973, the firm changed to its current corporate name of Luckett & Farley Architects, Engineers and Construction Managers, Inc.
In 1982 firm ownership passed to three senior managers: President Ronald E. Kendall, Senior Vice President Dennis C. DeWitt, and Vice President and Treasurer Douglas Wilkerson. In 2000, an Employee-Owned Stock Ownership Plan was implemented, giving every employee the opportunity to share in the ownership of the firm. In 2002, Ron Kendall retired after 30 years of service and members of the firm’s management committee became the next generation of leadership at the firm under new President Ed Jerdonek. Jerdonek lead the firm for the next 14 years until his retirement at the end of 2016. During that period the firm became 100% owned by its employees through an ESOP.
In 2017 Aric Andrew was promoted from his role as Market Director of Higher Education to lead the firm. Under Aric’s leadership the firm further elevated its client focus by organizing into multi-disciplinary design studios dedicated to distinct markets.