ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Luckett & Farley provided campus master planning for the University of Louisville Foundation. The site is approximately 44 acres on the University of Louisville’s Belknap Campus (formally the site of Kentucky Trailer Manufacturing Company). The property will now house research park, including both academic and private programs and activities. The research park will focus on technology, science and engineering for green technologies. In addition to research facilities, incubator space is available for start-up companies associated with the College of Business and the Speed School of Engineering.
During the planning process, Luckett & Farley identified the appropriate use of the existing historic buildings on site to determine an opportunity to incorporate the existing 1880’s industrial buildings into the 21st century research park.
Specific design considerations in the master plan included:
- Facility assessments of the historic buildings
- Parking facility to accommodate stadium and baseball event parking
- Making connection to the existing campus
- Preliminary space needs assessment
- Facilities planning
- Establishing identifiable campus zones, retail and dining
- Campus landscape design and guidelines
- Campus architectural design standards
- Capital improvement planning
- Plan presentation in 3D computer model